Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grey Cardigan...

Sorry, I have been gone for a while, but my computer crashed, not really a big problem since I had just made a backup. But you see the screen was a bit broken from one side and therefor could not be closed, and I had to make a decision. Get a new one or try to repair and re-boot the old one. After a bit of asking around, I decided It was time to get a new one. So I did and here we are...

Right now I am mending a cardigan. A cardigan that I never blogged about, but as you can guess, I have been wearing it a lot.




The design is a simple yoke cardigan with a not too narrow opening at the neck. The yarn is Supersoft bought as Holst Garn here. The main colour is silver grey and the yoke is made with a lot of shades of green. While knitting with two colours on the same row I used both continental knitting and English knitting. It takes a little practise but really makes two colour knitting easier and more fun... Thank you Elisabeth Zimmerman...




All in all it was very pleasant knitting project. It had a perfect ease for wearing over a thin cotton T-shirt and it still looks okay and well fitting. Now when my waistline is showing again I might knit a little belt in some of the green shades and maybe even one in silver grey.


10 comments:

Ulrika said...

Jag har nog sagt det förr och jag säger det igen: du är ett geni Mette!

Kludemutter said...

Sikke en flot cardigan.
Den er super flot med alle de grønne farver i,grøn er jo en skøn farve ;)

Har du selv designet den ?

Hilsen Yt.

opportunityknits said...

It is so pretty, the colours are soft. Love how the cardigan looks so light. The yarn must be very fine.

Dolores said...

great great great - as all of your designs!!!

B said...

it looks so perfect

Kristine said...

It's beautiful. I am in awe. I love the little sketch too.

Villblomsten said...

Nydelig !! :-)

Mette said...

Hvor er den cardigan smuk, Mette.

Anna said...

snygg cardigan!

Unknown said...

Hvor er den trøje flot,tenk hvis man kunde få mønster til den....:-o Jeg har aldri kommenteret,men følger dig trofast. Du har bl.annet inspireret mig med holst garn,som jeg nu bruger til absolut alt af håndarbejde. Tusind tak! mange hilsner Pia fra Norge